Friday, July 11, 2008

Bite-Sized Buffy

A new Buffy the Vampire Slayer videogame has been announced, for DS. Called Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Sacrifice, it's set sometime after the end of season seven. From the few screenshots so far, it appears to be an action game not unlike the original Xbox game and Chaos Bleeds, with first person mode for things like shooting crossbows. I quite liked the aforementioned games, so if it's similar to them, it should be good. The graphics don't look that great from these screenshots, though...

I assume it will be set before season eight, since Spike (and supposedly Angel according to Eurogamer in a sort of offhanded remark) appears in the game, but I wonder if Satsu and the other Slayers from season eight are in it. Using other Slayers would make for an easy multiplayer mode.

Hopefully the game will turn out good, but I'm sure I'll want to pick it up unless it's really, really bad. It's goddamn Buffy.

No comments: